Sunday, February 18, 2007

First Finish for 2007

Silver and Gold is DONE. It was bought at Twisted Threads in Madeira, Ohio, probably four or five years ago and started it October 31, 2006. I have to say that if I didn't have this blog, I might not have finished it. I have such a history of not finishing projects. The UFOs I talked about yesterday were only the oldest of the UFOs I have. I am always traveling. (We are generally in Boston this weekend.) I am always working on conventions. I always have a reason to put something down (and then go out with friends and buy even more stuff I don't finish.). But having a theoretical "audience" looking over my shoulder is just enough push to sit down and finish the projects I start. I was hoping the blog would help with this and it has. But this was a very small project. I don't know if the blog will help with a project that will take possibly years to finish.

Another big help to finish this is podcasts. I simply can't stitch while watching television or movies. But give me a bunch of geeks nattering on about DRM, CES, Net Neutrality, Apple, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD and I am so there. We moved from the San Francisco Bay area to Las Vegas over three years ago. Although I love it here, there isn't the level of technological knowledge that is so common in the Bay Area. This way I can catch up on the latest tech gossip (without reading all of Slashdot) and work on projects, too.

Oddly enough I have no idea what I am going to do with this project. I just picked it out of the box of kits because I was looking for a small, quick project. Most of the projects I have been working on, I have made for other people. I have a number of Christmas/Winter cross stitches, so it could be framed and hung in that area.

I do know what my next project will be. I picked out some Silkweaver Solo hand dyed fabric (Cashel 28 count linen) and some Rainbow Gallery Alabaster thread and I plan to work on the monochrome Winter cross stitch by Erica Michaels. I still have to test out the thread with this linen. The thread might be too big to use, but it is so sparkly. It has just the winter effect I want. This picture is when the fabric is a bit damp, so it looks a bit darker. Since it is for Project Spectrum I'm using the bottom right hand corner where it is mostly blue. I can't wait to get started.

No comments: