Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Baby Bib #2 FINISHED

Once again I have severely underestimated the time it would take to finish this. I finished the flowers, the hearts and the green borders on Sunday while watching the end of the second round of NCAA basketball games. All I had to do were two sheep. How hard could they be?

Well...first, although this pattern was expressly designed for this bib with the strip of Aida woven in, the pattern had dozens of quarter cross stitches. I have sewn quarter crosses on Aida before, but it is in not exactly easy. The stitching isn't difficult, but the counting can really be a bear. I was definitely frogging several times on these sheep. Of course, with the body of the sheep to do, there are just a lot more stitches than the small hearts and flowers. And finally backstitching. Not hard, but again, it took over an hour to finish the backstitching. Needless to say I did not get this in the mail on Monday as I had planned to do. I didn't even get it in the mail today. But tomorrow for sure.

The stitching was accomplished by listening to NCAA Basketball, Buzz Out Loud, The Ninth Hour (NBC's Heroes podcast), MacBreak Weekly, Smash Mouth's Astro Lounge, Barenaked Ladies' Stunt, and the soundtrack from In Good Company, especially the Iron and Wine tracks. If I spent a little too much time on the computer between bouts of stitching blame Buzz Out Loud. They got me hooked on twitter.com and www.last.fm.

1 comment:

Enthral said...

This is a great bib! Lovely work.