Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ocean Finished!

When you have been working on a project for years, you sometimes wonder if you will ever finish it. Since I have been taking my needlework more seriously, I have started to see some real progress on several projects. I said I was going to rotate away from Winter for a while. I knew if I spent a couple of hours on the ocean part of Pineapple Fish, I could finish it before we left to fly back to the mainland. Well, we leave in about an hour for the airport, but I have finished the ocean.

Moving from cross stitch to needlepoint, needlepoint always seems easier, because there is only one stitch to take for every square rather than two, but in this case, this is deceiving. Because I was using The Thread Gatherer Silk 'N Colors Millenium Star thread which has quite a lot of color variation, I wanted to place most of the stitches randomly so I wouldn't end up with a "stripy" ocean. Although I tried to randomize the colors as much as possible, there are still patches of color clumped together. In the end, I think the effect is very much like the ocean, so overall I am quite happy with how it turned out.

For the plane journey, I'll go back to the Bent Creek cross stitch design I was working on on the way here. I am finding it a lot of fun, so it might get finished before Winter or the Pineapple Fish. Though I do need to finish Winter before the end of the month for Project Spectrum. I should have a lot of time to work on it in the next two weeks as my husband will be traveling and I will be home with the cats.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful! I love the design. And it looks like you did a fantastic job on the ocean!