Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Cindy and is:

Do you have a system for organizing freebie charts in your stash? If so, what is it? Do you print out copies of all of the freebies that you find on the web (that you think you might actually stitch) or do you maintain electronic copies of them until you are ready to stitch them?

I have to admit that I have very few freebie charts, either from the internet or from my local needlework shop. Mostly these designs are two simplistic and too monochromatic. I may change my mind now that I am involved in the Christmas Ornament Stitch Along. I'm going to need some simpler charts if I ever hope to finish a chart in a weekend. I did search for and download some baby themed charts before I started the baby bibs, but I didn't even print them out or file them in a findable computer folder. Isn't filing the last thing we want to do? That said, I am a great believer in photocopying charts in a large format. I still have several photocopies of baby patterns copied from magazines and books that I better find a home for before they go astray.

On the project front, all the foundation exhibition letters (and returned slides) are in the mail. Hooray! I still need to update the website. And I haven't even started on the work I need to do for the convention in July. I have spent a lot of time this week sleeping. I seem to have picked up some sinusitis from somewhere. But I also indulged in some DVDs from Netflix; Slings and Arrows, a very, very funny comedy about the theater from Canada. As a very long ago actress, I find these irresistible.

No comments: