Thursday, March 1, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week & Winter

Today's SBQ was suggested by Danielle and is:
Do you find yourself stitching faster when you are getting to the end
of a design?

The permalink to this post is here:
Ha, ha, funny question. No, I don't really stitch faster, but I do stitch more. If I think I am close to finishing, I can become obsessed to finish. That means I will skip television, meals, and sleep in order to see the finished design. After such a single minded focus I find I am surprised to be done. I can sit there staring at the finished product and wonder where to take the next stitch.

In other news, I have started Winter for Project Spectrum, which I am sewing on navy evenweave with white silk thread. It's actually a simple pattern, but you do have to keep the silk thread to short lengths because it does fray. I will have to decide if I want to finish it in all white or whether I want to make the deer gray. I have some Wisper, but I wonder if the thread is too dark to show up against the navy. On the other hand a fuzzy deer would be super. Maybe I am incapable of actually doing a one thread pattern. I keep wanting to mix it up.

1 comment:

loretta said...

LOL the things we neglect in order to reach the happy dance! Who needs a shower and breakfast anyway?