Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pardon the Interruption

Well, I knew I wouldn't get much stitching done this week. Monday and Tuesday were both spent mainly getting the Nevada house ready for the cat sitter and making sure we had packed everything for San Francisco and Maui. Wednesday we flew to San Francisco and had a marvelous dinner at The Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton. Thursday was a meeting of museum directors that I managed some stitching during since I am not a director, though my husband is. We also went to our accountants and signed and sent our taxes.

Friday was a working day. Four of us spent until two in the morning checking our lists, updating the database and finally inviting by email 302 people to participate at a convention in July. We are already getting responses. Yah! Saturday was the general committee meeting for the convention. I did manage to get some stitching done there.

Tomorrow we head to Maui. Although there is a lot of work to do there, my husband has three photo shoots in ten days, which leaves me home without a car. Perfect for stitching!

-------------------------

Although I do like to stitch and to take pictures of stitching projects and write about stitching, I have to admit that this blog was only meant as a practice run for the blog I really want to do -- building our next house. When we moved to Nevada from the San Francisco Bay Area one of the things I was looking forward to was building a house from beginning to end. We have bought two houses that were framed and had them finished to our specifications. We have built a loft in San Francisco from an empty concrete space to an award winning project and have remodeled a 1930's house from roof to foundation (including a completely new staircase and a professional darkroom). We also worked with an architect to build a house in Honolulu that failed to get the required building permits (it was way too avant guard for the Department of Permits). But by the time we get to building that dream house in Nevada, I will have come very late to the house building blogosphere. Both www.homeandtell.com and houseblogs.net are linking sites to dozens of house building sites from home made to professional. Someday when we have finished landscaping our current project in Maui and selling the two houses we own there (one new and one with a remodeled kitchen and bath), we will start the final house in Nevada. Although buying a new cross stitch pattern is wonderful, so is picking out some fabulous tile and seeing it in a stunning bathroom. I guess I like good design no matter how it is expressed.

No comments: