Thursday, April 5, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Today’s SBQ was suggested by Heather and is:

How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?

I spend much of my day at the computer. I like stitching blogs that post frequently and have interesting writing. I started with a list of blogs on my blog and checked frequently, but some of these blogs haven't had a post in quite some while. Now I have a Google Reader RSS feed, so I can see new posts as soon as they occur. I do read every reply to SBQ, which is how I found some of the blogs that I now read regularly. I have to say I am fond of people who comment on my blog, but that isn't a necessary criteria. I like lots of pictures (show me your WIP, your threads, the view out your window), but I don't mind a few posts where necessary ranting occurs. The blog doesn't necessarily have to be about stitching as long as it is "thread-y" in some form; cross stitch, needlepoint, sewing, or quilting. It doesn't even have to be about stitching I favor. I love to look at different patterns, even though I am not drawn to country or sampler stitching.

All that said, I think that my blog is a lot like blogs that I like. I always have at least one picture (expect for these SBQ responses). I post a lot of WIP. I try to focus on stitching. My random comments come at the end of the post and can be skipped. And I hope that my writing style is clear and compelling.

1 comment:

chiloe said...

Hello,

check my blog if you like to see lots of pictures of WIP !!!

htpp://chiloescorner.blogspot.com