Monday, April 2, 2007

What's Next?

So, it's April. Good bye to white, blue, and gray and hello to green, yellow, and pink. These are the colors for Project Spectrum in the months of April and May. These seem to be popular colors as the number of photos on the site seem to have exploded. For me? Not so much. In looking over my stash I found enough projects in orange (I like Halloween) to fund a year of stitching. But spring? Let's just say there is nothing yellow in my wardrobe and pink and green only when they both have a lot of blue in them. I did pick up these threads at Needlepoint Inc. to give me some inspiration.

Mostly I think I will be stitching a lot of pineapples (green and yellow). Because we live in Hawaii part time, I do have a number of charts and kits with this motif. I almost stitched a pineapple on one of the baby bibs. Apparently the baby bibs were not a big hit. I've heard nothing about them since I sent them. That's really too bad because I do have some pink knit and pink/green flannel fabrics that I was going to make up into baby clothes, but perhaps I won't bother.

I have just this week to plan out my stitching for the next two months. Next Wednesday we leave Nevada for San Francisco, our first stop on a lot of travel that will take up the next six months. We probably won't spend two weeks straight anywhere again until September. I also found a cute Flower Fairy kit to start on. I just had to change out the boring Aida off white fabric for something better. I settled on a Silkweaver Solo hand dyed 32 count linen. It has some pink in it, but it's subtle. I think it will look great with the pattern I will be stitching.

In good news, I received my replacement thread for my Christmas Ornament from Hillside Samplings. Not only did she include 36" of the variegated green that I needed, but she included lots more variegated green/purple that is used on the borders. I love that thread. I probably won't get back to that though for a while. I cannibalized my 6" x 6" and my 11" x 11" Q-snaps frames to make an 6" x 11" inch frame for the Flower Fairy (stitching area, 5" x 7").

The Oakland A's (we had season tickets to watch their games for 12 years) lost their season opener against the Seattle Mariners. Meanwhile, go Florida Gators. Even though I attended Ohio State (Extension night classes for a year) and am a Kentucky Wildcat fan all the way, I always root for the SEC team if Kentucky isn't playing. Besides it helps in my NCAA pool. Off to watch basketball.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm sorry the bibs haven't been mentioned...hopefully it's just because they haven't gotten a chance to send thank-you's. It took me a few months to get back on my feet after our baby was born in November...actually, I'm still trying to get back into a groove! :-)

You sound like my mom...if it's not Kentucky, she doesn't really care. But she'll root for the SEC team if it comes down to it. My hubby is the same way with the Big Ten...Purdue is our team, but he'll pull for any other Big Ten team (well, except IU...we just can't cheer for them! LOL!)

Kathryn said...

I'm not even expecting anything from the mother and child. but I know my sister-on-law hung on to the bibs for a week or so, then handed them over at a family dinner. So everyone should have seen them. I've talked to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law an neither mentioned them (lots of talk about basketball), so no one in the family was much impressed.

mull-berry said...

Well, I was impressed! Especially about the care you took to stitch in a more time consuming way so that the bibs would hold up in the wash!!! You go, girl!!!!!

Lana said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have heard nothing about the bibs! Yeah if I were you, I would forget making anything for them in the future! Store bought stuff is better for those who can't appreciate the time and the love that goes into something like this. Man, if someone had given me bibs like that, I wouldn't even want to use them, I'd want to frame them, or hang them on the wall, so they wouldn't get dirty!
Well, for what it's worth, I thought they were adorable!
~Lana~