Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flower Fairy Progress

Compared to my last picture taken on Saturday, this shows a lot of progress. I have finished most of the three large green leaves at the top center and made some progress on the small leaves on the right side. The empty spots are where I need to stitch the lily of the valley flowers themselves. Since they are all in shades of white, I am waiting a bit. I always leave white stitching for last if I can. The center empty space is the head of the fairy seen from the side. I'll probably start her next. I'm waiting to stitch the fairy wings, so I can put some sparkle in the picture.

Although I have made a lot of progress, I can see that I will not be able to finish this by the end of the month. When I fly to San Francisco on Thursday, I'll be sucked into the maelstrom that is a science fiction convention, especially a convention that is in a new hotel who has never had a group as large as ours (over 2,000 people expected). Although I was careful not to volunteer as staff this year (I have enough to do running programming for another convention in the same hotel in July), I still have around a half dozen panels, including one about the Hugo ballot. And I am also on the Board of Directors, so there will be meetings and informal talks passing in the hall and running at least one room party and not much sleep. It's a lot of fun, but not very good for stitching. I'll see if I can do a little bit more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's coming right along! I've only planned very small conferences and I have no idea how people (you) handle such large events!! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Dawn said...

Great progress!

Margaret said...

Thanks for your birthday wishes Kathryn. Now it's my turn to wish you - Happy Birthday!!!Enjoy your birthday dinner this evening and have a great time at the convention. I love San Francisco!!
Wonderful progress on "Flower Fairy".

Ruth said...

Ooo, a con. Have fun for me!!!!! Nothing like breaking in a new *and* mundane hotel to spice up a weekend. Can't wait to hear how it goes.