Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Lure of the New

OK, ok, ok, ok, ok. I KNOW I was supposed to be working on Flower Fairy. I promise I won't let it become a UFO. But here were two really small projects all kitted up. If I did this many stitches on Flower Fairy you would hardly be able to tell the changes. Instead I have about half of this ornament completely stitched up. I would have even more stitched except see the lower right hand corner? There I was blithely stitching eight count boxes, when I rush right past the different box in the lower corner. A frogging we will go...twice. Arghhhh!

It doesn't really show up in the picture, but this is stitched on Silkweaver's Reflections (opalescent) fabric. It has a wonderful bits of shininess in random spots. If I get out of bed tomorrow morning (I have been sleeping in), I will try to finish this off before my husband comes back from his seminars and we go off to see the Art Institute of Chicago, I thought about going today, but it was raining. So, of course, I had to stay in and stitch. ;-) Since I grew up in several Chicago suburbs and went to Northwestern University, I don't feel the need to see all the tourist places here. Still I have enjoyed our stay (no housework or cooking) and one extraordinary restaurant (Alinea). For foodies like us, the perfect trip.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute start! The fabric sounds very pretty.