Saturday, June 23, 2007

Time Keeps on Slipping Into the Future

Amazing! Here it is. Time for another Christmas Ornament Stitch Along weekend and I am actually working on my Ornament. I did half of the front border for Hillside Samplings Topiary Ornament IV last night while talking with friends. I have to say that the Algerian Eye stitches seem a lot plainer than the Scotch Stitch border on Ornament III that I did for April. Maybe that is because the "variegated" Gentle Arts thread, Black Crow, seems to me about the same color as DMC 310 (Black). It isn't near as decorative as the purple/green thread on the last ornament. The instructions say to treat it like variegated thread and cross each stitch as you go. But I think it will look fine done as one line at a time. I did pick this as an ornament this month because it has the colors for Project Spectrum. But the only reds are the accents that are sewn on at the end. The rest is black with a tiny bit of Ecru.

We are in Sharonville until this afternoon, then fly back to San Francisco through O'Hare. Of course we will have to walk almost the entire length of the F, B, and C concourses to go from gate to gate. At least I should get some stitching done on these flights. I am determined to finish this ornament this weekend. I know I won't have much time tomorrow and very little time next week. The convention starts Friday, June 30.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be interested in seeing the completed ornament. The thread sound unusual. Do you pick whatever ornament you want for the weekend?

Jennifer said...

I like these stitches! Very cute.

stitcherw said...

Good start on the border. I agree on the Black Crow, I've used it on a couple of projects and really can't tell much of a difference between it and DMC. The Topiary Ornament sounds interesting, I'll look forward to seeing you post a picture of your progress on it.
Sue

Dawn said...

Great start!

tkdchick said...

Yeah I've never found Black Crow to be varigated at all... save the money and use 310!!!