Here is my April Christmas Ornament SAL finished. Yes, I finished my March ornament in April, my April Ornament in July, and two ornaments for May (one finished in June). You last saw Woodland Snowfall in the beginning of May. The reason this one did not get finished sooner was simply that I didn't have the right sized Q-snaps. My only travel set of 8" Q-snaps was cannibalized to make an 8" x 11" set for Flower Fairy. Yes, I had another 8" set, but only in Nevada (buried under a bunch of other stuff). It was only as I was cleaning up things that I found my backup set of 8" Q-snaps and decided right away to use them. I only had 13 stitches left to do (and of course the finishing finish which might actually happen next week when I drag out my sewing machine again). I am glad I finished this rather than start on another new project.
In the spirit of finishing I went back and worked on my June Ornament from Hillside Samplings, Topiary Ornament IV. From my last post on this stitching, I wasn't sure I would ever take it up again. This also suffered from not having the proper size of Q-snaps. The 8" set is just a little too big for the fabric included in this kit. The 6" set shown in the photo cuts off part of the bottom of the design, but at least holds the fabric taut. There is a lot more stitching here than meets the eye as all of the ecru stitches are actually Smyrna stitches (double crosses). I don't know if you can actually tell from this picture, but the right most black crosses in Gentle Arts Black Crow are actually dark blue. Yes, there is some varigation on this thread, but only about an inch of navy in every eighteen inches of thread. Stick to DMC 310.
I finally had to stop because my iPod finally ran out of juice. I've been running it for hours every day as I have been stitching. Now it is time to change loads in the washing machine and pack up the chicken meat from the double chicken stock I have been making all day. Some dinner is also in order.