Yes, I did start some backstitching on the flowers on the left hand side. They do look more like flowers and less like lumps. But I have to say, this is some difficult backstitching. Not only is it dense, where multiple threads end up all in the same holes, but it is also not following any clearly defined changes in color. You really have to check the chart before every stitch. So I switched back to cross stitching again and worked on some of the lighter threads that make up the flowers on the right side. I haven't started any stitching on her face because that is an entirely different set of whites. I'd like to finish the whites used in the flowers and her dress before I switch to the entirely different whites on her face, neck and hands.
Most of the green on the left is finished except for a very small amount under her wings. I have stitched to the right hand edge, but there is still a lot of green on that side still to stitch. I calculate that I am about 50% finished. Not a large piece, but there are a lot of stitches there.
That said, I am tired of working on this piece. I don't have a formal rotation, but I am going to start (or pick up again) some other stitching tomorrow. I could work on my abandoned June Christmas ornament or start something new. I need to spend a little time re-organizing my stash first. Before our last set of trips, I pretty much tore the sewing room apart kitting things up. I really should put away the fabrics, threads, and patterns scattered around the room. Maybe something in there will catch my eye.