Friday, July 6, 2007

Look! Gold!

Or more specifically DMC 676, 677, and 729 also known as Medium Gold, Light Gold, and Dark Gold. I have finished her hair and started many of the flowers on the left hand side. Unfortunately the flowers look more than ever like lumps. They probably won't look better until I start to backstitch them. I also started on some of the gold down the wings, but I really want to stitch some of the shiny pink now. Maybe I will get some done while I listen to the Oakland As play the Seattle Mariners this evening.

This has also allowed me to try to get caught up on my Buzz Out Loud podcasts. Well, relatively caught up. I'm only up to June 9 of their weekday podcasts. In technology time that seems like a decade ago. I do have to say that they helped me put together some of the program items for the convention. I was on two tech panels -- one on DRM (Digital Rights Management) and one on Geek Grrls Luv Gadgets. It's useless to talk about DRM in Silicon Valley. Even the intellectual property rights attorney, the writer, and the musician were all against it. The Geek Grrls panel went much better, though even with all my toys I couldn't beat Sharan with her hot pink dancing iPuppy from Japan who dances when plugged into an iPod or Laura, who has two scanning electron microscopes in her garage. Still was a great panel with a great audience.

I probably won't have time to post tomorrow, though I will be stitching. On Sunday, with the temperature over 110 in Las Vegas, I'm sure all I will want to do is stitch and go through my snail mail.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

It looks great! I love the colors:)

Itching To Stitch said...

Your fairy is starting to look like a fairy. Nice work ;)

Jennifer said...

Oooh I can see the fairy now! Very nice.

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on flower fairy, she's really starting to take shape.
Sue

tkdchick said...

She's going to be beautiful!