Monday, July 30, 2007

Slow Progress

Well, it certainly looks like I won't be able to finish this by tomorrow. As Chiasmata points out, I do seem to be chasing Project Spectrum goals but needlework really isn't suited to two month goals. However, now that I have figured out the necessary threads and the workable stitches, I am enjoying stitching this. I even worked on it for more than an hour on the plane to Maui today.

The landscaping here is going well. It almost looks finished as most of the grass and large trees are in place. I just wish this was really a vacation and not an extended series of unpleasant decisions and chores. Do we remodel the bathroom of the house that has been on the market for over 18 months? Do we furnish the cottage before putting it on the market? At least the landscaping is done, which was a real problem the last time we had the cottage on the market. I would LOVE furnishing the cottage if it were on the mainland. Just cruise over to West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel or some of the dozen of local furniture stores and in a week or two you are done. Not here. First there are NO major furniture chains here on island. Most of furniture in the two or three local stores are for display only. It took over six months to get the two chairs in our home theater (and they were not even uber-high end theater chairs, just pretty standard recliners). Well, we will put those decisions off until tomorrow. Another, more pleasant task, is getting a good OttLite here so I can stitch in the evening and not just during the daylight hours.

2 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

I love the NP piece. Very pretty ;)

Jennifer said...

It's looking great! I love the border.