Saturday, July 28, 2007

Status Thimble Stash

I was only going to go into the Status Thimble for my thread, but they were having a 15% off sale, so I thought I would just take a look. Sigh. It's hard to just look when there are so many good patterns out there. Of course I bought just a few. First up is this cute Sue Hillis Design. There are a couple more patterns in this set, but I want to start with The Boos Brothers chart and see how it goes. I know dark fabric can be difficult, but I didn't have much problem with Winter on Navy Blue.

Next up is this strange little chart with blue and purple animals. I am a sucker for blue, especially with all this Weeks Dye Works thread. I'm not too keen on the hospital green flowers, but I can probably find something more compatible than that. I know I have some lovely Silkweaver Solo fabric that will look good here.

And last, but not least, this Blue Ribbon Designs square sampler. I've been looking at this design for some time. They have a lot of cute square designs, but how could I resist a design with palm trees and mermaids?

I did stitch some on the Red Present last night. It looks much better with the red added to the top border. But this morning was strolling through the Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market. There are so many good suppliers there. I always buy more food there than we can eat in a couple of days we will be here. I guess I will take some of it to Maui on Monday. Meanwhile we got some perfect, juicy white peaches, some great cheeses from Cowgirl Creamry and some Acme Bread. For dinner, BLTs with Niman Ranch Maple Bacon, organic lettuce, and a beautiful Brandywine heirloom tomato. For Maui, some homemade, organic Chicken Mole tamales, Rancho Gordo fresh/dried beans and some June Taylor Bing Cherry and Almond Preserves. I'm so glad we can come back to the Bay Area on a regular basis.

5 comments:

Chiasmata said...

Great stash! I love the Frankenfauna one, it's very unusual. I agree about the green leaves, yuck.

stitcherw said...

Fun stash, the Boo Brothers is cute, and I love Frankenfauna. Like you I'm a sucker for blues and the different blue animals in Frankenfauna just makes you smile looking at them. I'm with you on the green though, that shade just doesn't do it. Who is Frankenfauna by?
Sue

Jennifer said...

What fun stash!! I agree with you on the green flowers, for sure.

Oh, you've clinched it for me. I have the car all next week and I was thinking about taking the kids down to Raleigh for their farmer's market and to hit an LNS. Definitely happening, now. :)

Itching To Stitch said...

Nice stash. How can anyone pass up a sale? Not me ;)

Susan said...

Oh, I love that second pattern! I guess it takes a while to do one of these, so you have to start early to hit the season. I think I'd replace that green, too.