Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Today’s SBQ was lifted from a couple of threads over on The Wagon and is:

What do you love to do that many people hate? What do you hate to do, but do anyway?

I like to stitch complex stitches. I started on needlepoint long before cross stitch was popular and never liked to stick to just the basketweave or continental stitch. I like to work on linen, even if it is wildly uneven. I like to work on small count projects like 18 count needlepoint or 32 count linen. Even my relatives who stitch don't know how I do it. I never give up on UFOs. I know I will get back to them sometime. I like to change threads and even change patterns. I made changes even in my very first projects.

I hate to finish. Yes, stitching is fine, but framing? Actually making up ornaments? It just doesn't happen. I have stitched nine projects so far this year. The two baby bibs were already "finished", so all I had to do was mail them. Of the other seven projects only Topiary Ornament III was finished. The rest of them are sitting in the "finishing" drawer waiting for the framers or some ornament finishing. I have two projects that I stitched over five years ago that are still not framed. I am determined to get some of them actually framed this year. What a concept!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I would rather stitch than finish, too!

Jennifer said...

I agree, finishing can be so daunting.