Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week & POST #100!

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Ish and is:

Which project (finished or in progress) are you most proud of? Explain why.

I'm not sure that I can answer this question. I really don't have any one piece that I am actually proud of. Possibly the baby quilt I designed and made or the curtains, but neither of them are stitched. Actually, there are no very large projects that I have finished and until they are FINISHED completely, I'm not sure I am really proud of any of them.




I'd like to be proud of the the Victorian Wedding Remembrance, but it is not finished and I don't know when I will work on it again.














I'd like to be proud of the Pineapple Fish, but I haven't worked on it in several months. Even when the stitching is done, I will still have to make it into a pillow.


Possibly I should be proud of Winter, since I personalized it by using my own fabric, thread, and even motif choices. But I really don't like the piece very much.



I guess I am most proud of simply keeping this blog going and keeping my stitching going as well. I have started a lot of projects in my time. Even if I haven't finished any large projects since I started this blog in February, I stitch almost every day and by this time next year I am sure that I will have several projects that I am really proud of.

Hey, I did empty three boxes so far. I should get another one done this afternoon and then can go back to working on the Topiary IV ornament.

I almost missed this milestone (smile). This is post #100!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your hundredth post! And it sounds like your Uncluttering Week is going fabulously so far. :)

This is going to be a tough question for me, too.

Itching To Stitch said...

Congrats on post 100. Your WIP's are nice, you should pick them back up and get them finished ;)

Chiasmata said...

It's nice to hear you're proud of your blog. Congrats on the 100th post.:) I guess I don't stitch to make things, I stitch... well, to stitch. Because I enjoy it. Getting something to hang on the wall occasionally is just a bonus.

Ruth said...

Happy 100! And I say celebrate the box accomplishments *and* the unfinished stitching. Every little bit helps. Trust me, I'm spending the week boxing up stuff at my mom's ... celebrate every dang box!!!

Jeanne said...

Finished or not, you should be proud of all of these - they're lovely. I really like the whimsical "Pineapple Fish"! Is this a painted canvas? Who is the designer?

Happy 100th post!

Dawn said...

Congrats on the 100th post. Everything looks wonderful:)

Barb said...

Congrats on your 100th post. All 3 pieces look great.

Jennifer said...

Kathryn! You are a life saver!! I had not heard of railroading stitches, but I checked that link you posted and I started doing it last night. Twisty stitches have been my biggest stitching issue lately. The link said it would take a little more time to do, but honestly I think it's a wash for me. Maybe even faster... I was spending so much time trying to manually untwist stitches!

I also started doing the variegated thread in a circular pattern rather than back and forth and I really prefer the look for this piece!

So, THANK YOU!!

stitcherw said...

Congrats on hitting the 100 posting mark, that is an accomplishment. Like you I think I would have a hard time pointing to just one piece that I am most proud of.
Sue