Friday, August 31, 2007

Blog Day 2007



I am very grateful for all the wonderful bloggers who spend so much of their time writing about stitching and their life. Google Reader lets me keep up with almost everyone. So when I heard about Blog Day that celebrates bloggers, I had to join in. It works like this:

BlogDay posting instructions:
  1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
  2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007
  3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
  4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
  5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link:
    http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007 and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org/.

Celebrate!

  1. First I have to mention Lisa Lam at U-Handbag. I have never made a handbag, but I have certainly thought about making one. And here is all the information you would need (and lots of inspirations) to make some really great ones. I am going to have to get out my home dec fabric and Timtex and make me a handbag!
  2. I just started reading this blog, Independent Needlework News, but I looks like it will be useful and fun.
  3. I read a lot of science fiction novels, but not many science fiction blogs. My husband is very fond of Neil Gaiman's Live Journal, but I prefer John Scalzi's blog, Whatever, even if it is currently offline due to technical difficulties.
  4. I have to mention at least one tech blog, so I pick Engadget. Yes, it is commercial and yes, lots of people read it everyday, but there is no where else that you will find articles about robot cats and USB Hello Kitty fans.
  5. Since we are supposed to mention blogs different than the ones we read every day, I give you Overheard Lines. Maybe it is because of my familiarity with San Francisco, but I find this charmingly funny.

3 comments:

Dave Lucas said...

Happy Blog Day 2007! Please stop by my Blog Day post and leave your link!
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com

Clezevra said...

nice concept

Heather said...

Thanks so much for the positive mention, and I'm glad you're enjoying Independent Needlework News (sorry I've been MIA lately ... an explanation on that will be forthcoming fairly soon on INN). I had not heard of BlogDay and am late for it, but I will have to watch for it next year; it is a terrific idea, and I'm so honored to have been picked for it this year by you! Thanks again ...