Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Whiter Shade of Pale

I've done quite a bit on the central gown, which is all in shades of white and cream. I finally had to go back to the green leaves, which I quite love, because my eyes were getting crossed doing all that white. I did finish the flower stalk and I have stitched all the thread for two of the dozen plus colors in this design. It feels like real progress to have stitched all of a color, especially colors that have a lot of crosses to stitch. I have made definitive progress in the last two days, so I am allowing myself to start another project for this weekend's Stitch-A-Thon.

I am going to start and try to finish Michael Powell's Mini Christmas Window 1, at least the cross stitching part. It's a pretty small design (5" x 5"), so I might get it done. James has a shoot tomorrow, so I will start then and stitch again on Sunday. On Saturday we are going to the Maui Pineapple Festival. Last Saturday we went to the Taste of Lahaina -- music and food booths. I had a dessert so good I just had to have TWO. Imagine a margarita glass. Now put a small scoop of the best homemade vanilla ice cream that you have ever tasted in the bottom. Next put in a golden yellow cake that is a bit crunchy on the edges and dense and rich on the inside. Pour over it a tequila pineapple sauce, mini chunks of fresh pineapple, a good handful of macadamia nuts, and just a dab of rich whipped cream. I am hungry just thinking about it. It was perfect. I think I have to go eat some plain fresh pineapple now. There is some in the refrigerator that I cut up yesterday. Good, but not quite as good as the pineapples that we "rescued" from an abandoned pineapple field.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

That dessert sounds heavenly. Thankfully I live a long way from Lahaina so I won't be tempted by that sinful concoction...LOL!

Sherry said...

The dessert sounds scrumptious! Your stitching is looking wonderful.

Anna van Schurman said...

That description made my mouth water. I almost drooled!

Dawn said...

The dessert sounds yummy!! The Mini Christmas Window is a cute design:)

Barbeeque4 said...

What a great design for the SAT and that dessert sounds just fantastic!!

stitcherw said...

Nice progress, and I love your new MP one you'll be starting. As to the dessert, it sounds wonderful. I wishing we had something like that around here. Guess I'll need to settle to getting into my Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia that is in the freezer.
Sue