Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Fifth Hour

The windows, bushes, tree, and lights are finished. I finished one pot and have two more pots (and some ironwork) to go. It will probably take one more hour, but no matter how long it takes, I'll try to finish it off the next time I sit down to stitch.

My husband asked me what I would work on next. I could go back to Warm Water Wash, but I probably should start some of the Cross Wings ornaments if I expect to have them finished by Christmas. They aren't very big, but I haven't even kitted them up yet. At least I have all the fabric and threads they need -- somewhere. I do know that after I work on some Christmas projects that I will probably start another Michael Powell project. This one turned out so fabulous that I want to stitch more of them.

Mostly I have spent the last three days glued to the internet downloading maps and watching video of the fires in Southern California. We have lots of friends there and in some of the most dangerous spots (Julian, Escondido). All of them (and their property) seem to be fine so far, but many of them have evacuated. I do feel for those who have lost their property. Those fires move so fast that some barely had time to save themselves and their pets.

5 comments:

Chiasmata said...

Looking better with every hour. I like how it's christmassy without being... christmassy. But maybe that's just me.

I've been keeping track of the fires too. Terrible! I can't believe how many homes have been lost. At least over here a bushfire can burn for a day or two and not even find a house.

Juls said...

Found your blog through Margaret's. Love your blog! Your work in progress is wonderful!

Kendra said...

Those wildfires are awful. I can't imagine having to go through something like that. I'd be frantic!

Lelia said...

Very cute project. The fires are terrible to view on t.v. I feel for all the residents & firefighters.

tkdchick said...

YOur MP looks fantastic! Aren't they just so fun to stitch.