Monday, October 15, 2007

Finished...almost

This time my prediction was correct. I did finish up the bits of white on the right hand side and a few bits of color at the bottom. All of the cross stitch is done. It really didn't take that long, so I just kept going.


I got this much of the backstitching done before it started to get too dark to stitch without lights. Since the backstitching is longstitch and not just one stitch at a time, it actually goes quite quickly. Some cross stitch looks fine even without the backstitching, but this pattern really needs the backstitching to define what you are looking at. I'd really like to have this finished before this weekend so I can start another project for Friday's Stitch-A-Thon.

One possibility is stitching Warm Water Wash, a very cute design without any backstitching. I bought the kit from Needlecraft Corner, but they were out of the requested fabric. I just got the fabric in the mail today. I might decide to do a Halloween pattern like La Potion Magique, though I probably won't finish anything before the end of the month. Now that I have all my Vicky Clayton orange silks, I could try the Pumpkin Trio again, this time with better colors and better fabric.

Whatever I do, I won't get a lot of stitching done this week. There are a bunch of projects around this house that have been sitting for months (like putting away all the things from Japan!) that need taking care of. I need to straighten up the house enough to get the cleaners back next week. It's been a long, long time since they have been here. We took it easy yesterday and worked today on our To Do Lists. Now we just need to DO.

6 comments:

Isabelle said...

Wow! The backstitching is really giving life to that project isn't it This is going to be beautiful, and you're almost done!
I love Warm Water Wash, and it seems like a fun stitch.

Good luck with crossing all those items off your to-do list. :)

Chiasmata said...

Ah, it's all coming together now with the backstitch. I was wondering what all those coloured dots were. :)

Good luck with your to do list.

Squazi said...

This is a great design. You are correct, the backstitching brings the whole design to life. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sherry said...

This is looking wonderful!

Anna van Schurman said...

Looks great with the backstitching!

Barbeeque4 said...

The backstitching is really making this pop!!!