Have you ever had a jinxed project? This might be one for me. First I couldn't find the right sized Q-Snaps. So for now I am using the 8" x 11"s, which are too small, but I will stitch as much as I can and look for my 11" x 14"s.
Then I took everything out of the kit and found out I was wrong. These aren't GAST threads. These are Crescent Colors. Mmmm. I don't have any of these on hand. This became especially crucial when I found out that rather than Aunt Marie's Violet, Needlecraft Corner sent me Wild Oats (a variegated tan/beige). I should have checked first, but I guess it never occurred to me me that they would have kitted up this project incorrectly. I hope I have the right buttons. It took a long time to get the fabric. I don't mind waiting for supplies, but I don't like waiting when they are listed on a website as available. And now I am missing a color of rare thread. I know a lot of people seem to like this store, but I will never buy anything from them again. I thought about trying the only local needlework store, but it is a long way to go and my husband will be using the car this weekend. So I since I do have tons of threads, just not Crescent Colors, I will pick something and substitute.
I started stitching and immediately ran into a lot of knots. Not a great start for a new thread company. I also stitched tails into my stitches and had to frog more than I ever had before. The fabric is a rough linen with a LOT of variation in thread size. I know linen looks good on antique stitching patterns, but I am considering giving it up entirely and just working on evenweave from now on. At least it is a cute pattern and there is no backstitching. I'll see how far I go this weekend, but if it gives me this much grief again, it's an instant UFO.