Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Today’s SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

What are your favorite online stitching supply sources?

The ONS that I ordered the most charts from has recently gone out of business. allstitchedup.com had good selections at good prices. I will miss them. I have also gotten a LOT of kits and charts on Ebay. The ONS that I order the most fabric from is silkweaver.com. I do love their fabrics, especially the shiny ones. For threads, I love Vicki Clayton. There is nothing finer than her beautiful silks. I have ordered fabric, threads and charts from a few other companies, but none that I have gone back to. When I see a chart on someone's blog that I might be interested in, I usually google it and buy it from whomever has it. That said, almost all of my recent purchases have been from LNSs. There is nothing like seeing something and just buying it right then and there.

------------------

I have made more progress on the Mini Christmas Window, but I want to wait for some daylight to take a decent picture. However, it has gotten me thinking about stitching and blogging. I really want to keep this blog active. I'd really like to post every day, but I don't stitch every day and I want to keep this blog focused on stitching (or sewing or finishing or something thread related). So how do you make frequent posts when it may be hard to stay on topic?

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

How to stay on topic:
* Save the SBQ for when you have no stitching news
* Write about a stitching article you've read
* Write about an exhibit you've seen
* Go to Japan and tell us about the fabric (covet covet)
* Review a new book
Eh, voila, lot's of posts not so much stitching...

Susan said...

I love Vikki's threads, too. I buy them whenever I can. They are great for CQ.

Lelia said...

LOL! I confess I like your question better than the SBQ this week : )

For me, I have a couple blogs. One for needlework & another one for just about everything else [reading, movies, music, family]

Perhaps you would share some thoughts on an article you read, a new link you found [on-line], wish list, whatever.

Needlechat is just a fun adventure!