Monday, November 5, 2007

Branching Out

I should have been working on the cottage today, but we are both still unmotivated, even with our day off yesterday. Instead I stitched the bottom bit of the birdfeeder and the rest of the right hand part of the branch.

I have a confession to make. I made several mistakes on the right hand side and I am not going to frog them out. The branches are one stitch too long and I started the bottom twig too far over. But I am just going to adjust the leaves and the border and finish it up. Yes, if it is a symmetrical design or things don't obviously line up, I will frog, but sometimes I just don't. No one but the designer will be able to tell.

We weren't completely lazy. We did spend some time at the cottage and got a bit more of the master bedroom closet installed. We just got to the part where we needed the electric drill and a better wrench to connect the washing machine hoses, so we came back up to the main house for today.

I finally broke down last night and created another LibraryThing userid so that I could enter the books in this house. I have been using LibraryThing to keep track of all the books I have been reading. This is important for when I need to talk about the Hugo awards at Loscon and Baycon. I'd like to keep all my other books on this site, but there is no easy way to keep one set of books separate from another set of books. They keep promising "collections", but it hasn't happened yet. So this is one way to keep my Maui books separate from my Reading List.

6 comments:

Chiasmata said...

As obsessive as people get about getting stitching 100% right, no one ever knows but you! The branch looks perfectly fine to me. Even better, it's unique.

Isabelle said...

I agree Kathryn - as much as it doesn't jeopardize the design's balance, don't bother. It won't change the beauty of the finished result.

I didn't know about that LibraryThing thing. It's intriguing. I'll have to take some time and find out what it's all about.

Sherry said...

Yum! This is looking great! And if the extra stitch doesn't run into another one, why worry!

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm not an unstitcher. I try not to be. I think it's best.

Susan said...

If you hadn't told me, I'd never have known. It looks just fine.

Ruth said...

Here here! No frogging!!! The feeder and branch look great. You make me want to haul out my Crossed Wing patterns and start something. Oh the torture of too much stitching and too little time!!!!