Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Cottage

Since I don't stitch every day, there will be some posts this month that don't mention stitching. This is one of them.

This is the cottage on Maui that we are furnishing for sale. Yes, it is view of the back (garage, den, bath, second bedroom, master bath). But this way you can also see the awesome ocean view and a piece of Lanai. There will be more pictures when we finish more of the rooms. We did get our shipment of curtain rods from the mainland today, so we can finish the master bedroom this week.

I could have called this Web 2.0 day. I spent a lot of this morning adding books to LibraryThing and this afternoon adding a lot of reviews to yelp.com. In between we went grocery shopping, including Maui Prime Fine Foods. It's way, way up the hill across from the Safeway in an industrial area. I would have never found it without Google maps. Down the hill from the industrial section they are building a new shopping center. Hooray! We like more stores and more choices. I wonder what else will settle in there besides Barnes & Nobles? All that construction makes it look like Vegas.

Tomorrow is a trip over the pali. James wants to check out some statues and we need a few last bits for the cottage (like a canopener). We certainly have slowed down to Maui time!

4 comments:

Isabelle said...

What a beautiful house!

Ruth said...

can opener? Is that essential. lol It's a beuatiful place and you make me terribly jealous. You also make me wonder why you'd want to leave and come back to LosCon... I mean the LAX Marriott???? Oh wait, fandom needs no rationale. Silly me. What was I thinking!

Meari said...

What a great house!

Kendra said...

Ooooh, I'm so ready to go back to Maui! What a beautiful view!