Friday, November 9, 2007

The Faceless Opossum

Twelve leaves, a bit of branch, the face and a border. That's what I have left of this pattern. I finished most of the opossum this morning. I should have the rest of the cross stitch done by next week. Then everything is backstitched.

Thank goodness for orts. I had exactly two quarter cross stitches in white for the eyes. But I had a bit of white in my ort pile and used that. I also have four quarter cross stitches in black, but I didn't mind cutting some thread for that since I will have a lot of backstitching to do in black.

We went over the pali again today. The futon cover was ready to pick up (only a month late) and we needed to return something that was broken in the package and get another one. James then wanted to check out his favorite statue place. They import carved marble and granite statues from Bali. He got three pieces this time. He won't be done until this place looks like Hearst castle. At least these statues are a lot, lot expensive than the ones Mr. Hearst bought.

7 comments:

Isabelle said...

This is looking cute, Kathryn. Have a good weekend!

Sherry said...

Looking great! And I am loving this! I may have to do one for me!

Ruth said...

Dang he's adorable. 2- 1/4 stitches in a color is grounds for drinking.

Suzanne said...

Your possum is coming along nicely. He's reall cute!

Chiasmata said...

Nice progress. Confetti quater stitching is a pain! At least you had some ort thread to use. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

tkdchick said...

That opossum is going to be cute!

Amanda said...

Do you have an etsy.com site? I would love to buy an opossum cross stitch from you there. :)

this is really adorable!

-Amanda