Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Half A 'Possum

And the back half at that. Of course, it is easier to stitch over 2 fur than it is all those quarter stitches for the eyes and ears. Especially quarter stitches in a color you use ONCE. This pattern really needs backstitching to perk it up. It still looks pretty grey and blah.

No, we did not go over the pali today. It was looking like rain, so we stayed home and got a bit more done on the cottage. The closet is done except for the rods. Tried the washing machine for the first time just to discover that the drain does not. The machine is fine, but the drain pipe must be partially clogged up. It drains for a bit, then overflows. Time to call the builder again. So shopping tomorrow and a concerted effort to finish everything on Friday and Saturday. The big jobs are hanging the curtain rods in the Master Bedroom and ironing all the bedding and curtains. Ugh!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a possum in cross stitch. I would have a hard time stitching it...not exactly a fan of the critters, especially since they carry an organism that causes a neurological disease in horses. We try to keep possums FAR away around here.

Suzanne said...

This is a cute piece. Good luck with the ironing or the cutains and bed linen. I think these must be my most hated jobs. That's why I only wash my one set of cutains once a year. I replaced all the other curtains with blinds!

Sherry said...

This is coming along beautifully! What a great ornament this will be!

Ruth said...

Possum Posterior. lol Such fun. So far he looks better than any possum I've run across.

And here's to tarring and feathering any designer that uses a color for anything less than 3 whole stitches!