Thursday, November 1, 2007

Michael Powell's Christmas Window FINISHED

Here it is. Finished. And it took less than an hour to complete. In fact, after I took the last stitch I kept looking around to see where I needed to stitch next. I was so close to the trees that I saw no forest at all. This is a bit too big for an ornament, so I will need to get this framed.

No, I did not sleep Tuesday night. I just stayed up until the taxi came at 4:45 am and even then I wasn't quite finished with all I needed to do . The plane to San Francisco was not too full and we left early. SFO was covered in fog. I always forget how cold it seems when the weather feels damp and clammy. My lack of sleep caught up with me, though, and I went right to sleep and didn't wake up until my husband came home from his doctor's appointment at 2 pm. I got up and got my hair done, had a lovely fish dinner, and came back to the city. Although I don't get to San Francisco as often as I used to, this is not a sightseeing visit. It is pretty much just a stopover to break up the travel from Las Vegas to Maui. Though as long as we are here, we are going to try a new San Francisco restaurant, Frisson.

Before I left, I did kit up the opossum and the chipmunk from the Cross Wings set of Feed the Hungry. My mother-in-law feeds several opossums and chipmunks every evening. I'm sure she will like these ornaments. So those are my next projects. I should have plenty of time to finish at least one of them in Maui. And you should hear all about them because I have joined National Blog Posting Month. Members vow to post on their blogs every day in November. I even created a Stitching Group. If anyone else is part of NaBloPoMo and stitches, please join us here.

8 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Congrats on the finish. I joined the stitching group for nablopomo. :)

Kendra said...

Nice finish! I also joined the group at NaBloPoMo. :-)

sunraven01 said...

It's great! The backstitching really makes the piece.

Isabelle said...

Congrats on the finish - it looks lovely!

tkdchick said...

Congrats on finishing the MP it looks just awesome!

Chiasmata said...

Nice finish! The backstitching was worth it, there's lovely detail in that little stitch.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Dawn said...

Fantastic finish!! I love it:)