Thursday, November 15, 2007

Off The Wagon I Have Fallen

At least the wagon wasn't very high and the fall wasn't too hard. Yes, I broke my stash fast by joining Chatelaine's Hawaiian Mandala group. But her chart will not even be published until December 1. Then Barbara of Mainely Stitching mentioned that Stitching Bits and Bobs was having a sale on threads. I'm too far away from my stash to check on my needed threads, but there are so many nice things on sale there that I had to grab a couple I have had my eye on for some time. First up is Long Dog's Time and Tide. I lusted after this several times when I was trying to decide whether or not to join the Snowbird's SAL. They are doing large monochrome pieces, so in the end I decided not to join, but I still was drawn to Time and Tide and Beauty Spotte (love that dodo!)

Of course, I needed Michael Powell's Christmas Window 2 to go with Christmas Window 1 that I just finished. More, more, MORE Michael Powell! Though the backstitching on this one looks almost sedate for Michael Powell. There may have been one or two other things that just slipped into the cart before I checked out, but I choose to ignore them for now.

This was a pretty good day. We got most of the cottage done in time for the 2 pm Realtor visit. I still haven't finished the master bedroom curtains, but they will be done by Saturday in time for the next Realtor. The living room and dining room look fabulous now that the rugs are down, the table is set and the ladder and tools are put away. Tomorrow, meetings with SecurityTech and our landscaper. We had a bit of a pool in our front yard during the last heavy rain. We need to discuss alternative drainage.

7 comments:

kimananda said...

That is a gorgeous chart! It's posts like these that make me think I need to get rid of a non-stitch related project or two so that I can get some stitching done.

And in my opinion, one can never have too large a stash. It just gives you so much to look forward to!

Isabelle said...

Great new stash Kathryn!

Sherry said...

What a great chart! There are several LD charts I love and they are not a single color.

Susan said...

What fun! I love both charts, though I can't see myself getting advanced enough to do either one. Enjoy them! Do you rotate projects, or go straight through one at a time?

Chiasmata said...

Have fun with the Chatelaine mandala. They're the most stunning designs. And a little stashing never hurt anyone. :)

Jeanne said...

I've been on Long Dog's site before, but never noticed "Time and Tide". It's gorgeous!

[Deep breath] I don't need anything else. I don't need anything else. I don't need anything else! [sigh] I'm headed over to Stitching Bits & Bobs...

Suzanne said...

I always say that I am not going to buy any more for my stash, but I always do. The Chatelaine design looks really quite interesting, it will be good to see the mandala completed.