Friday, November 2, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Ternezia and is:

If you were a cross stitch designer, what would your design style be?

This is a timely question for me, because I was just sketching out a few design possibilities. They wouldn't be samplers and they wouldn't be monochrome. :-) I've been thinking about a series of small items with a particular theme. They would not be large or complex because I really can't draw people and I'd want people to stitch them. I'd like them all in the same color family, but not using exactly identical threads. I'd start designing using DMC because I'd publish the designs as freebies. The hardest thing so far is deciding on the scale and size. They have to be big enough so that there is realistic detail and so that all the items could be finished to the same size. If I could actually get six or seven of these done, then I might consider a more complex design. I love designs with beautiful threads and beads, but I am not going to design something complex the first time around.

Now I will have to start getting serious about these designs! But right now I need to pack. We leave for the airport in an hour and then the long flight to Maui. I hope I can have a few days of just relaxing. I feel I have been working hard for a several months now without a break.

2 comments:

tkdchick said...

Follow your dreams you can make it happen!

Margaret said...

Hi Kathryn,
Thanks for your visit - sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
Love your MP Christmas piece. Aren't his designs fun!!
By now you've arrived in Maui and are enjoying R&R and dreaming about your own x-stitch designs. Look forward to hearing all about them.
Enjoy your stay. When you get back - you and Juls and I should get together for coffee.