Friday, December 21, 2007

Opossum Finished-Finished

Here the opossum is finished-finished! No I did not get the chipmunk done, but I have him with me. If I get him done by Monday, I will find a quick frame at Michael's and just frame him. The opossum took FOREVER to finish. I thought I was going to finish him on the sewing machine, but the braid I wanted to use with him was pillow braiding with an attached flange. The braid was just too big to fit with any feet I had for my machine. So I ended up doing it all by hand. It's not perfectly square, but I think my mother-in-law will like him and that's what really counts. And we will have something that she will like for her for Christmas. Adults are just so hard to shop for.

We got to Kentucky just fine. My friend, Kristen, said that if we packed underwear and a top in our carryon we would obviously get our luggage just fine. And she was right! I wish I had done so that last three times the airline lost our luggage on the way to Lexington. The family is fine, but they didn't give us a Christmas list until yesterday. Today we spent all day at the mall and were mostly successful. We will still have to go out again tomorrow, but we do that most Christmases. Tonight is dinner out with family and tomorrow a dinner with our long time friends, Scott and Jane. Even though we see each other several times a year, it is mostly at conventions. Now we will just have a relaxing time and sit and talk. That is always the best part of our trip to Lexington. I hope everyone else's travels are peaceful and that you all have the merriest of Christmases.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

He is just so cute and you have done a great job finishing. Have a safe and happy Christmas.

tkdchick said...

You did a lovely job with your opossum.

Enjoy your time with family and friends!

Dawn said...

He looks fantastic!!

debijeanm said...

Sounds like you're well on your way to a very happy Christmas! I want to wish you the same for the New Year.

The 'possum is awesome! Great work finishing him!

Sweet Pea said...

Opossums in real life kind of creep me out a little bit, but that is just the cutest ornament. Your MIL will love it.

Safe travels!

Chiasmata said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks great. No matter how much I try finishing using my sewing machine, hand finishing always works out better in the long run.

Your MIL will love him. :) Have a great christmas!

Isabelle said...

Cute ornament, Kathryn! I'm sure your MIL will like him.

Happy Christmas!

Jeanne said...

It may have taken a while, but your ornament looks great. That cording is perfect with it!