Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

This week’s question was once again suggested by Nancy and is:

Do you do anything special to your threads before putting them through your fabric to make them more manageable?

Usually, no. I do pull each strand of floss separately, then put them together. I do run my fingers down the strand to make sure it is not too twisted. I do have some Thread Heaven (somewhere...), but I have only used it on metallic needlepoint threads. The best way to keep threads manageable is to keep them short (especially metallics) and to make sure they are untwisted by letting them dangle free every couple of stitches.

Today is the CookieFest. I never know exactly how many people will show up, but I usually have about ten recipes ready to go. Spritz (cookie press) cookies are my favorites, but they can be somewhat tricky. I'll have people work on one kind and make the other two myself. For the cooking challenged I have Bourbon Balls. Then a lacy cookie with macadamia nuts, an oat cookie with peppermint, a chocolate cookie, a pecan bar, and a ginger shortbread. One person brings a really dry sugar cookie mix, but in a community, you let everyone play. The house is clean, I've got my shopping list and am ready to BAKE.

1 comment:

Chiasmata said...

I hope the cookiefest went well. Sounds like quite a production. The aftermath in the kitchen after ten baking sessions sounds like it could be quite impressive.