Saturday, December 22, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Let’s do the SBQ. Today’s was suggested by Kathryn and is:

Have you ever helped anyone else learn to stitch? Have you ever helped anyone learn a new stitch or technique?

I have known most of my friends for a long, long time. Either they stitch or they don't. I really haven't had much chance to teach anyone person to person, but I have helped a few people online. The most useful techniques that not all stitchers know are the loop start and railroading. I have pointed several people to online tutorials and they have said that it does help them. The most significant difference in my own stitching came from using Q-snaps frames. Your work really does look neater if it is stretched. And I find Q-snaps neater than hoops and easier to use than scroll frames.

I did work on the squirrel some more last night. I probably won't have any time for him today, but I should get some done on Sunday (depending how much I can hide from my mother-inp-law). Happy holidays to all.

1 comment:

tkdchick said...

I love to help or teach whenver I can. Anything to corrupt another person to the dark side... into a stitcher!