Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Year is Winding Down

When I first picked this up this afternoon, I thought that there was no way that I could finish it by tomorrow (thereby adding one more finish to my 2007 totals). But it is coming along very smoothly. Since there is no backstitching or outlining, once the last cross is done, it's finished.

As I stitch I have been thinking about my stitching goals for next year. I know that Hawaiian Mandala will take up a large part of my stitching time. I also have three more of these small sheep to stitch, so I will keep busy while I fly. I really wanted to work on some of my own designs and even have a great idea for a monthly series, but I don't see any way that I can design and stitch the first one in January. Maybe this is something that I will have to save for 2009. Goal setting is a fine line between setting achievable goals and setting goals that stretch yourself somewhat. I still don't think I am ready for monthly goals. Things come up in my life and everything I had planned can be swept aside. But setting some doable goals is what I want to settle on for my post tomorrow. Until then, Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your little design is looking good. I have only set yearly goals too, because monthly goals are so hard to stick to.

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year, Kathryn! Good luck on making this your last finish of 2007.

I think I'm going to have a problem setting yearly goals. I often get sidetracked after setting monthly goals - yearly goals will just be worse! :-)

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

Such a cute design!

Happy New Year:)

Chiasmata said...

Happy new year! Cute little new start there. :) Good luck with your goals for this year. I always made monthly stitching goals... and then completely ignored them. So I've given up!