Here is the list of projects that I finished stitching in 2008.
- Boo Betty Sheep, Bent Creek finished January 1.
- Smitten Ewe, Bent Creek finished January 21.
- Happy Holidays, Lizzie*Kate, JCS 2006 finished March 23.
- Winter’s Eve, Country Cottage Needleworks, JCS 2006 finished March 25.
- Quaker Flower Sampler, Anne les Petites Croix finished April 14.
- Warm Water Wash, Raise the Roof finished April 21.
- Christmas Joy, Angel Stitchin, JCS 2006 finished May 4.
- Summer Ewe, Bent Creek finished May 31.
- Tiny Treasured Diamonds, Engraved Heart, Mill Hill finished July 27.
- Bad Hare Day, Bent Creek finished August 15.
- Free Sheep, Bent Creek finished October 23.
- Summer Wool, Kit & Bixby finished November 26.
- Six Plastic Ornaments, Dimensions finished December 24.
- Autumn Alphabet, Heart in Hand finished December 31.
I was not as successful on predicting my 2008 Goals, but they did help to keep me focused. Otherwise I could have had even more WiPs/UFOs.
- Start Hawaiian Mandala and finish at least 8 of the 12 parts.
I finished one and a half parts. More disturbing is that Martine took down the entire site before I could download parts 10, 11, and 12. She said she would email the pdfs to you if you emailed her in the next three months. I emailed her about the missing parts two weeks ago and have heard nothing from her. I am starting to get worried. I would be appalled to have spent so much on fabric and beads and threads and not be able to finish this project. I had no idea that she regularly removed the classes the moment the last part was posted.
- Finish another Michael Powell piece.
I tried. I'm more than half way through Cottage Garden I. It's pretty slow going since the pattern does not match (and is quite inferior to) the model on the cover.
- Finish Hillside Samplings Topiary IV. DONE!
- Finish the plastic canvas Christmas ornaments. DONE! Amazingly, but true.
- One exchange or RR piece.
I think our schedule is too hectic to be a good exchange contributor.
- Start and finish Bothy's Cut Thru Rocket.
Started and about 1/6th finished.
- Finish two ornaments from my collection of JCS ornament magazines. DONE!
- Stitch something for my Surprise Birthday partner. DONE!
- Here's where we go off the stitching reservation. I have ten times as much fabric as I do cross stitch kits and patterns. I need to use some of this stash up now. So I propose the following sewing projects:
One apron for my mother-in-law.
One purse from my collection of bag patterns.
One piece of clothing for me.
Make something with the pig cloth I collected for my sister-in-law.
Make something with the cow cloth I collected for my niece.
Sigh. I wish I had done a lot more sewing, but I simply don't have a place that I can keep my sewing machine and cutting table permanently installed. I did sew 9/10th of an Hawaiian shirt for my husband's birthday while he was traveling, but even that is not finished. I will sew more in 2009.
- Finish Flower Fairy. I did work on her a bit more.
- Finish Warm Water Wash. DONE!
- Finish French Noel. Not even touched.