Thursday, January 31, 2008

Clothpins, Sand, and A Hat

There is supposed to be a band around the hat, but the threads are so close in color that the lightest parts of the band blend right in with the darker parts of the hat. The colors here are a bit faded from Real Life. I always increase my saturation on the images I plan to post on my blog, but even with increased saturation, this is pretty washed out, The fabric is actually a lovely mottled blue called Glacier from Picture This Plus. I'd like to use it on another project because it is really nice.

The small vertical lines at the bottom are the start of a sand castle. When I finish this post I plan to go back and work on it some more. The sand castle is about in the middle of the pattern. I will move the fabric in the Q-Snaps so that I can stitch the right side of the pattern when I finish the sand castle.

I tried to take a picture of the sunset this evening, but there weren't many clouds, so it wasn't very colorful. At least I got a picture of some of my favorite palm trees. These are foxtail palms with their very distinctive, bushy fronds. I hope everyone is keeping warm. The snow level is down to 7000 feet on Haleakala. They had to close the road to the park because so many people were driving off the edge of the slippery roads.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Great progress and I love the picture!

Itching To Stitch said...

You're getting lots done on this piece. I love the sunset ;)

Ruth said...

Love it all -- especially the view! You know, I hate palm trees, but in your view, they are quite lovely.

Happy day before your blogiversary!