Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mandala Deferred

Here is about 20% of the first page of Hawaiian Mandala. I finished this (and a little bit more) before we flew to San Francisco today. Next up are four large designs on the diagonals. But no more will be stitched until we get back to Nevada on the 19th. This is just too big to travel with.

So what stitching did I bring with me? I looked at several Michael Powell's, but all of them seemed a bit large to start on now. I thought about kitting up some JCS ornaments, but I was just too tired. No, I was not feeling much better this week than before. I think I was worse off; at least I know I used more Kleenex. Which also means that all the projects I had to get done before we left, were not done. I am going to have to start a round of apologies to people I made promises to. At least I got up early this morning, flew to San Francisco, helped James change the tire on the car here and shopped for groceries. That is more work than I have done in the entire past two weeks! I'm a little tired, but not nearly as bad off as I was yesterday. And I have another Bent Creek Sheep, the valentine one, to keep me company here. All I did yesterday was wash, iron, hem, and Qsnap the fabric. I haven't taken a single stitch yet, but I should have some time this evening (if I don't just fall right asleep until tomorrow morning). I do have to get up early tomorrow morning and get my hair done. After four years in Nevada, my hairdresser is still in California. I have to use her when she can fit me in, so 8 a.m. we will be in San Carlos so that my hair will not look like a whirlwind hit it for MacWorld.

MacWorld conferences start tomorrow, but Steve Jobs doesn't give the keynote speech until Tuesday at 9 a.m. PST. I'll watch via the internet. I don't have the kind of MacWorld pass that lets you actually sit and listen to him live (since I don't work for a company willing to pay the thousands of dollars to do so). The exhibition hall opens at 11 am, directly after his speech, where the Apple booth will be demoing all the neat things that he mentioned. I have been perusing the show materials and have some booths scoped out. We will be here until Friday, so there will be plenty of time to see it all. I hope everyone has a productive week ahead. I just ask for a little more energy.

5 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Your Mandala looks beautiful. I love the colors ;)

Ruth said...

I love how the mandala is coming along. But I understand the too-big-to-travel problem. Have fun with the sheep!

May your hair dresser be having an inspired day and the tech show treat you well!

Suzanne said...

You have made a great start on your mandala. I look forward to following your progress on this one.

Barbeeque4 said...

The HM looks super!!!!

Kim said...

Hi! I found your blog through Sweet Pea's, and can't wait to hear your take on MacWorld.