Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Today’s SBQ is:

What was your favorite finish of 2007?

I've already mentioned that Michael Powell's Mini Christmas Window I was my favorite stitching piece from last year. But that doesn't mean that I like the Bent Creek sheep any the less. They were a lot of fun, just not as challenging. I also am proud of my stitch selection on the Pineapple Square Needlepoint, but until it is finished/finished, it is just sitting in a dark drawer.

I've put in a few more hours on Hawaiian Mandala, but not enough more to show much progress. I'll take another picture when I have finished the current band of stitching.

I spent a short time at CES on Tuesday, but wasn't feeling well enough to walk around much more. So I came home and stayed home for the last two days. I watched the Wednesday Buzz Out Loud broadcast via streaming media, so didn't miss anything except the possibility of appearing in a blurry video for a second or two as an audience member. My husband went to CES yesterday and picked up some schwag, but didn't see anything particularly noteworthy. So far the most interesting things there won't be available for sale for months. I can just keep track of tech on engadget and gizmodo. But next week is MacWorld and there will be things for sale there! I am in the market to buy some more iPod speakers. We have one set of small JBL speakers in Hawaii, but I want a set for here. Sometimes earphones aren't practical.

Other than that I am working on a lot of computer projects. I am documenting a database for programming conventions to send to the head of worldcon programming this year. I am also entering information and evaluating submissions for our foundation grants. Which means not much stitching until San Francisco next week. We have no television there, so there is time in the evenings for stitching.

1 comment:

Chiasmata said...

Ick, I hope you're feeling better soon. It's a shame you had to miss out on some of the CES. But MacWorld sounds great! Don't spend up too much. :)