Sunday, January 27, 2008

Triple Play

Yes, I finished stitching this ornament that I started last July. I was helped by a long meeting on Saturday and the companionship of my stitching friend, Elayne, who was working on a very large Christmas stocking Saturday evening.

Not only did I finish the cross stitching, but I also added the ladybug charm and the red bow. They certainly livened up this basically monochromatic piece.

And because this was a full kit including finishing instructions (and I had already finished an ornament like this last year), I also finished/finished this! So. I have a third finish for this year. I have a Christmas ornament stitched for the Christmas Ornament SAL this weekend. AND I have one of my 2008 goals finished (finishing this WiP). Lots of good outcomes from just a small ornament.

Our friends, Elayne and Joyce, spent this weekend with us. It was really good to have them here. We have a nice guest room and we really love to have people use it. The meeting on Saturday went well. We addressed, stamped and mailed 3000 postcard reminders for our upcoming science fiction convention, Westercon. I just wish that I had a little more energy. I'll need some as we still have to finish entering all the applications for our foundation grants and pack for our trip to Maui on Tuesday.

Looks like rain is in our future. It rained in Las Vegas last night and will be raining in Maui when we get there. I won't complain about that since we missed the rain in San Francisco and both Maui and Nevada need more rain.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great ornament, I love how you have been able to finish it.

sewcreative said...

That is so cute! Would you please share more info about it (name, designer, etc.)?

Mindi said...

Very nice finish, I love how the ribbon and ladybug charm brighten up the piece.

Doris said...

lovely ornament.

Lelia said...

very nice!!!

Kim said...

The ornament is so pretty!
Good luck with your Con

Chiasmata said...

Great finish! It's nice to see this stitch again. :) I really like the added ladybeetle and ribbon. I like chrissy ornaments that fon't feel like they have to be chrissy.