Friday, February 29, 2008

30%

With the motif in the northeast corner of the first part done, I can say that I have about 30% of the first part done. Yes, there is still some black to complete along the top (and a row of gold around the entire design), but I can leave those for later and still move on to the next motif in the southeast corner. Actually these are tricky motifs. The motifs on the north, south, east, and west are bargello lines (mostly beads which I have to skip) and should stitch up pretty quickly.

I could say that there is 31% or 32% done as I have started on the southeast motif when I ran out of stitching areas with the colors in the northeast corner motif. I even have one line of Silk 'N Colors Pond Scum (beautiful silk, crazy name) started in the southwest corner.

The Christmas SAL has chosen the suggested motifs for March (Sheep, Snowmen, Trains). I guess I will have to find an ornament or two for March. Actually one of the suggested designs is Ewephoria by Mosey 'n Me. The interesting part about this pattern is that although the stitching is defined, the fabric and threads are not. I am already thinking about using Designer's Dream for the sheep's body. Should I do one in pink? or maybe green for St. Patrick's Day? The rest will probably be Weeks Dye Works variegated colors. I'll decide the colors after I pick the fabric. Mmmmm, 7.64 inches wide at 28 count. Not a small ornament. I also need to check my JCS Christmas ornaments magazines to see what I can find in sheep. If I can find a sheep ornament in JCS, then I will be stitching towards my 2008 Goals of stitching at least two JCS ornaments this year. I have ALL of the Christmas ornament magazines, but have only stitched one ornament from them.

9 comments:

debijeanm said...

Gee, is that adorable or what? If I didn't already have dozens of "wannados" stacked up like cordwood I might start stitching ewephoria, too.

Kathryn, have you stopped coughing yet? I'm still at it. I think I caught that damn bug TWICE, the second time just as I was feeling better the first time. Two doctors have told me my "lungs are clear." Sure is tiresome.

Jennifer said...

Finding free sheep patterns was an interesting task, but I figured there were at least a few hiding in the JCS magazines that a lot of people have, and definitely in LHN and CCN charts.

Ewephoria is a big one, but you could just use the sheep and work in the Ewephoria another way. And a green sheep would be QUITE interesting, especially if you got a little irish derby on his head...

Cindy said...

You are making great progress! I thought that the yellow looked a lot like Pond Scum...the section of Alpine Seasons that I am working on uses quite a bit of it :)

Ewephoria is a cute pattern, and I think that a pink or green sheep would be fun!

Dawn said...

Great progress! I love the colors:)

tkdchick said...

Those colours in your conrner motifs are just fantastic!!!

Itching To Stitch said...

I am so impressed with how your are moving along on this piece. Your stitching is just beautiful ;)

Ruth said...

Oh, trust me, there are plenty of sheep patterns in the JCSes -- Elizabeth Designs has done 2 or 3 and LHN has had them in at least one I think. lol Apparently I track those sheep "incidents." :)

Love the mandala progress! Pond Scum? What a horrid name for a color.

Chiasmata said...

Hawaiian Mandala is looking stunning. I love the wave motifs.

I love the sheep design. A little big for an ornie, true, but worth the stitch. :)

Lelia said...

Thx for visiting my blog today.

The colors in this project are divine. WOW. So beautiful : )

I know, poor Buddy -- he really did a number on his ear. Ouch!!