Friday, February 8, 2008

A Castle, Clothespins, and a Shovel

I am working away at this. If it is not finished when we leave in three days, at least it will be 90% done. That blue square down at the bottom is about to become a bucket of sand. I also have to finish the towel, but I did work on it last night. The last major motif is a picnic basket at the bottom of the pole. Then I will move the Q-snaps again and finish the sun and words at the top. If I do finish this, I will be taking the left over Crescent Colors threads back to the mainland and sending them off in a craft swap. Never Again! I'm sure I could have substituted Weeks Dye Works for most of these and it would have been a lot easier to work with. Even with untwisting and working slowly, the pink is knotting up almost every other stitch.

Yesterday was the first really sunny day since we have been here. It is grey again today, but it hasn't really rained since Monday. It is cool, but pleasant. When we get back to Nevada, we should be moving into the best part of their weather season, the slowly warming spring. Since we got a reasonable amount of rain there, I hope the plants will be happy.

Just because we are a palm farm, they aren't the only plants we have on Maui. This is an Island Girl hibiscus. Yes, they really are quite large. We have quite a few of them, but since they are recently planted there are just a few blooms here and there.

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes on my health. I am slowly recovering and feel much better today. That is good, because we have a lot to do in the next two days. I also want to thank Jennifer of Sweet Pea Stitches for awarding me:
That was very sweet and just what I needed to cheer me up. I know a lot of people have gotten this award already, but I do want to call out to my faithful commenters; Kate, Ruth, Meari, Edgar, Renée, Jeanne, Barbara, Isabelle, Itching to Stitch, Dani, Kendra, and Dawn. Thank you one and all for making my day, my month, my year.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

So very glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully you'll be fully recovered VERY soon!!

Thank you so much for the award! I love reading your blog. :D

Doris said...

oh is good that you health is much better, i hope your will be better every day more and more.

tkdchick said...

Awww thank you for the award! Congratulations on receiving one as well!

Can I come stay at your place in Maui? I'm sick of the snow and march break is coming up! I so wish I was going away this year, everytime I see your beautiful picutures I get insanely jealous!

Jeanne said...

Thank you, Kathryn! I tossed it back your way, too!

Suzanne said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Your stitching is looking really good. I was unsure about using some CC threads, I may have to be a bit cautious now.

debijeanm said...

Sounds like an island break was just what you needed. I was enjoying watching this piece grow but for some reason when you said it was going in the laundry room it really tickled me! Hope you'll take a pic for us when it's hanging on the wall.

Beatrice said...

I found your blog through Dani and I love your photo's.
I agree Hawaii sounds much nicer then the cold here in Ontario Canada!
I will visit again.

Chiasmata said...

Thanks for the award! :D

Nice to see you're progressing with Warm Water Wash. You can see the colour variation a bit more in some of those darker colours. But that pink sounds like a terror to stitch with!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully the warmer weather will help pick you up a bit.

Dawn said...

Thank you for the award.:) I love reading your blog, too!

Meari said...

Thanks for the award, Kathryn. :)