Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Blogoversary

I want to thank everyone who has ever read a post on this blog, everyone who ever left a comment and all the stitching blogs out there that inspire me every day. Even if I don't stitch every day or write every post about stitching, I know I would never have stitched all the good things I have done this past year without this blog.

Yesterday, I did move my Q-snaps on Warm Water Wash even though I didn't quite finish all the stitching on the sand castle. After the hat and all the sand, I was just really bored with tans and browns. So I finished the swimming trunks and started the last item on the line, the pink towel. I stitched late into the night, but today I wanted to start a new project in honor of my blogoversary.

So here are the first stitches in Rouge comme... I have no idea why the image looks brown rather than red. Believe me, this is DMC 498, a rich vibrant red. I love stitching with DMC threads again. Compared to the Crescent Color threads, DMC threads are so smooth and strong. And not being variable colors means that I can also stitch several understitches left to right before going back over right to left. Warm Water Wash has more than a few miscrossed stitches because I wasn't paying attention. Well, I'm not entering it into any competition, so the little errors probably won't be noticed by the people who view the finished stitching in my laundry room. :-)

I think I have probably rested enough. Starting tomorrow I have to get back to working on some of the projects that we came to Maui to work on. We need to hang three sets of blinds in the cottage. We need to decide on some window coverings for the main house and finally install the wireless doorbell that has been sitting here for months. Tonight my project is putting together my husband's new computer. So I leave you with another sunset picture. May your Sunday be pleasant and restful.

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Kathryn!!! Happy Blogoversary!

Meari said...

Happy Blogversary, Kathryn. I really enjoy your blog. :) Your WIPs look good.

Paisley said...

Happy Blogoversary, Kathryn!

Barbara said...

Happy blogaversary!! :D :D :D

Lovely sunset - very peaceful.

Suzanne said...

Happy blogaversay! Love you WWW design, you have made great progress on it.

tkdchick said...

What a colourful piece! It must be so much fun to work on!

Chiasmata said...

Happy Blogoversary! Great new start to celebrate. :)

Dawn said...

Happy Blogoversary!:)

Itching To Stitch said...

Happy Blogoversary. Warm Water Wash is so cute. Thanks for the sunset ;)

Barbara said...

Happy Blogoversary to you! What a beautiful sunset you are able to enjoy! Thanks for sharing a picture of it.
Barb in TX