Friday, February 15, 2008

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Loretta and is:

Do you have any projects that you have scrapped and started over? What made you start over from scratch?

I have only one project that I partially abandoned. This was a Twisted Sister pattern of three very small pumpkins over one. The picture on the front of the brochure is very lovely, but the threads called for do not match the picture in the slightest. I also concluded that stitching over one on linen is foolish. The individual threads are just too variable to get an even design. I do intend to start this project over with Vicki Clayton silks on evenweave, but I have not started it yet and might not get to it this year. I have two other big projects scheduled that will take a lot of my stitching time this year. Someday this cute pumpkin will be turned into scissors fob.

No stitching today as I am assembling my fabrics and supplies for the art quilting class tomorrow. This week has been so busy that I am running out of time.

4 comments:

Beatrice said...

I just stopped working on a piece that was on linen as well and am going to start it over on evenweave. I just wasn't having fun!

tkdchick said...

I think that would make a nice litte fob!

Chiasmata said...

I'm not the biggest fan of linen, and stitching one over one on it would lead to some interesting results.

Have fun with your quilting class!

Ruth said...

Sorry, I still love the pumpkin as is.

I can't wait to hear all about the quilt class. You know we're all expecting a full report.