Once a week I just have to turn away from Hawaiian Mandala. The 32 count tightly woven fabric with its carefully counted blue and blue green threads just gets to be too much. So I have come back to Rouge and finished the ladybug in the past two days. The square is not completely finished though. The pattern shows a scattering of light green stitches randomly in the background. The linen I am stitching on is so open that I don't want to cross inches of fabric with DMC thread and I don't want to try to do singleton crosses. Too many of my singleton crosses have become undone. I suppose I could put a drop of glue on the back to hold them together, but I am thinking about using beads and invisible beading thread. I'll decide what to do when the entire pattern is stitched. There are four of the eight squares that have randomly scattered background stitches.
I said that the bug was bigger than the tomato and here you can see that it is. I probably should stitch more of the border before I move to the next square. To the right of the ladybug is a mushroom (with a lot of confetti stitches) and below the tomato are cherries. I'll probably do the cherries when I return to this next week.
But I won't have a lot of time for stitching in the next week. Today we need to finish packing up the returns for the foundation, so that we can drop them off at the post office tomorrow. Tuesday I drop James back at the airport so that he can fly to San Francisco for meetings and doctor appointments. While he is gone I really want to finish the mini art quilt that I started in the quilting class. And I need to find a present for my nephew's baby who will be one on March 11. I hope everyone had a restful weekend.