Friday, March 28, 2008

Dilemna

I started this on Saturday, but stopped with the letters and part of the border done because I didn't like the colors of dull green I had chosen for the central tree. On Monday I went to my favorite LNS to get a substitute thread and came up with Weeks Dye Works Envy, which was the bright color I was looking for. I've stitched some with it, but now I am worried that the black letters are fading into the tree because Envy is too dark. It will only get worse because there is a lot more tree. I could frog it all and go with the Needle Necessities thread shown above. I had originally picked that out for the tree and then became worried that there was too much blue/turquoise in this thread. The Crescent Colours thread I am substituting for, Jolly Holly, has some blue, but it is more grey blue. I suppose I could go with the lighter, duller colors (Six Strand Sweets Green Tea or WDW Kudzu) I had originally rejected. The darker green on the border is GAST Pine as called for. In the meantime I have returned to stitching on Hawaiian Mandala while I decide what to do. No pictures of that until I show significantly more progress.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Whew, the green go-round, huh? I just love greens ... all of 'em!

Kendra said...

If this is a Christmas tree, then some Christmas trees are blue spruces...which have a bluish-turquoise tinge to them. That might work as justification for using the NN thread...???

Personally, I like the Envy, but I do see how the black might get "lost" as the tree gets bigger.

tkdchick said...

How about changing the colour of the letters? How about red?

debijeanm said...

Hate to say it but I think you're right. I love that green, but the "Joy" isn't going to pop, is it? Sure do love that green, though? As tkdchick suggested, maybe frogging the letters an changing to red, or maybe white?

You'll find just the right solution. That's just the kind of stitcher you are!

Doris said...

hum,,,i am agree with Dani (tkdchick), may you don need change the green, and chage the color of the letters, red, gold..

Itching To Stitch said...

I think you will lose the letters if you use the green you've already stitched with, although I like that green. TKD's idea of changing the lettering may work better than changing the green. The Needle Necessities would be a little too blue in places for me ;)

Chiasmata said...

I agree that the lettering is being lost in all that green - but the green itself is to dye for. Maybe if you changed the lettering colour like others suggested, or backstitched them with something bright and sparkly?

Courtney said...

I love the green you've stitched with - I agree, I don't think the blue in the green would be good...but I do see how the JOY is disappearing. Maybe you can backstitch the JOY with gold sparkly thread? that would look pretty!

Meari said...

I think it'd be easier to frog Joy and use a different color. :D (OK, that probably wasn't the answer you were looking for)