We also have blooming rosemary in the back yard by the pool. It is blooming beautifully right now. But this is Nevada and I am in San Francisco right now. Foggy, chilly San Francisco. We have a very urban condo here, so having plants is not an issue. We are here so infrequently that it is totally impractical to keep even potted plants here.
But what I do have here are three kitted up Christmas Ornaments from the JCS 2006 magazine. I am set for the Stitch-A-Thon (and Christmas Ornament SAL) weekend and quite excited about these patterns. One has a sheep! I also brought Flower Fairy and am determined to finish some of her white dress. And because I would hate to run out of stitching, I also brought the Michael Powell Mini Christmas Windows II kit. Yes, there are some really nice LNSs here, but so far Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are totally booked from dawn to dark. And who knows what we will need to do on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday it is back to Nevada.
I borrowed this meme from Barbara.
Four movies I’d watch again
- His Girl Friday (1940) or any '30s or '40s comedy with snappy dialog. I also love The Palm Beach Story, My Man Godfrey, and The Thin Man.
- Independence Day. OK, I know. It's a silly movie (so is Deep Rising and Serenity). I love those, too. I love a lot of science fiction novels, but very few movies.
- Primal Fear. I love many, but not all, Richard Gere movies, but this movie has an amazing performance by Edward Norton. Edward Norton is such a terrific actor I would watch him reading the phone book.
- Best In Show. No I never showed dogs. But I did raise and show cats for twelve years. When people say the exhibitors in this movie are unbelievably over the top, I say, "No, this is an honest and restrained documentary." I've known exhibitors much more eccentric. This is one movie where I literally ROFL.
Four places I’ve lived
- Christiansted, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
- Eugene, Oregon, USA
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Moss Beach, California, USA
Four TV shows I watch
- The Wire (HBO)
- Lost (ABC)
- Heroes (NBC)
- Mad Men (AMC)
Four places I’ve been
(I’m assuming this means been, but not lived)
- Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Odessa, Ukraine
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Gleneagles, Scotland, UK
Four things I love to eat
- Foie Gras
- Heirloom beets with goat cheese and walnuts
- Grafton Farms Maple Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Sourdough bread, especially Grace Baking Sourdough Walnut and Beckmann's
Four places I’d rather be
- Four Seasons Hotel, Bali
- George Cinq Hotel, Paris
- Plaza Hotel (overlooking Central Park), New York City
- On a private sailboat in the Caribbean
Four things I look forward to
- a successful Westercon in Las Vegas in July
- our Seabourne cruise to Portugal, the Azores, Morocco, and Spain in October
- losing another 50 pounds
- joining the Century Club (100 countries visited. I'm up to 60+)