Monday, March 17, 2008

It's All About The Borders

I thought that I would just work on the borders a bit, then go back to Hawaiian Mandala, but as you can see I got involved in the next motif, Cherries, and finished the leaves and branch. I probably will finish off the fruit, too, though I should go back to Hawaiian Mandala. I have just today and tomorrow to work on it. On Wednesday we fly to San Francisco for a week and Mandala does not travel.

I like the colors in this pattern, since unlike Chiloe, I do like green. I'll need to find some new things to stitch in San Francisco since this weekend is the Christmas Ornament SAL and the Stitch-A-Thon weekend. I'd say that whatever I work on will probably have a Christmas theme. I could start Michael Powell's Mini Christmas Windows II, but that is a little big to count as a ornament. I have started looking through my JCS Ornament issues, but haven't decided on anything yet. I keep being drawn to things that are too big for ornaments. I really need to find something smaller so I can have a finish in March. Instead I find myself wanting to start complex projects like the Miribilia Christmas trees. I have enough WiPs, I don't need more.

There really hasn't been much to blog about this past week. I find myself sleeping a lot lately, including long "naps". There are a lot of email and projects that I need to work on. So I better get in gear and start working on them.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Slleeeepppppp ...... I want some! ;)

Jeanne said...

"Picnic piece" (as I think of it) is looking great!

By the way, can you remind me of the name of this piece? I see it's called "Rouge" in another post - is that the full name? Who's the designer?

Ruth said...

Let's hear it for napping. I like napping. Why is it I can't get paid for napping?

You borders really do add a lot. You wouldn't think so. Well, I wouldn't, but anyway your piece is looking great.

Susan said...

I love the ladybug!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Barbeeque4 said...

I really like they way this is working out - it is really lovely!!

tkdchick said...

Ooooh definately start the michael powell! Looking good on your sampler!

Chiloe said...

I think I'll send you all my pieces with green on them for you to stitch them for me ;)