Sunday, March 30, 2008

The "Picnic" Piece

Jean of Just String calls this the "picnic" piece. I suppose the three motifs I've stitched so far (tomato, ladybug, and cherries) could all be seen at picnics, but the rest of the motifs -- not so much. The entire motif of Rouge comme... by Madame la Fée can be seen here. On the new table cloth I have started there will rest a jar of jam, followed by a heart, some rose hips, a poppy, and a mushroom. I finished most of this motif before my last trip, but I still had some backstitching to do to call it finished. I probably won't get back to this for some time. In fact, there might not be a lot of stitching in the next day or two.

Most of today was spent working on programming for Westercon. I hope to have all the invitations for the first round of guests emailed by tomorrow. We are also almost finished watching the last (fifth) season of The Wire. We have loved that show since the very first episode. I hope everyone had a restful (or productive) weekend.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

It's beautiful. I really enjoy these pieces!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for answering my question!

I guess I think of picnics when looking at this piece partially because of the specific motifs, but largely because of the fresh colors. I have this image in my head of a picnic on a red and white checked tablecloth against very green grass. Those are the colors here, so my brain correlates the two!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of it stitched.

Meari said...

Those cherries remind me of summer! Where is spring??? Your WIP looks great. :)