Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank you, Barbara!

Barbara had an unbirthday and decided to stitch many small (and beautiful) items for the people who read her blog. I was one of the lucky commenters. Since she knows I like to read as much as she does, she sent me this great stitched bookmark and a lovely paper and ribbon bookmark along with a beautiful postcard of painted eggs. I'm sure my husband will be glad to see me using this bookmark rather than strewing my books around the house with random items stuck in their pages. Although I do have some bookmark kits and plain bookmarks I could stitch, I am pretty hooked on q-snaps and don't do much freehand stitching. Thank you, Barbara! I have an Amazon order of books arriving on Wednesday and I will start using this right away.

Not much progress on anything today. I went to Aaron's and Michael's looking for an "art cabinet", something with many shallow drawers, to keep my linens in. The big plastic tubs are just not working. They are great for my threads, but are too deep for linens. I keep having to dig to the bottom, leaving linens randomly scattered across the sewing room. I want to put all the linens and evenweaves of a certain count in separate drawers. James has a gorgeous print cabinet in his print room, but guess what? It's filled with prints. No room for my fabric. I'll keep looking online.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

What a wonderful package!

Barbara said...

Niek is now waiting - rather impatiently! - for me to stitch bookmarks that stay here. We're also big 'scrap paper' users. LOL! :D

Sonda in OR said...

That's a great gift for a book reader!!

Ruth said...

It ALWAYS is the fabric on the bottom that you want, right? ALWAYS! It's enough to drive ya nuts! lol

Congrats on the lvoely goodies from Barbara! And so timely, what with amazon heading goodies your way! So, any hot SF in the boxes to arrive? lol

Chiasmata said...

Beautiful unbirthday parcel. I love stitching bookmarks and have a pile of 'em in a folder. I never find the time to read anymore, so unfortunately they never see the light of day. They are harder to stitch without qsnaps though.

The art cabinet is a great idea. I keep all my fabrics in their original packaging which isn't a great idea. All these are then stuffed in a satchel bag thingy. It's a good way to keep stashing down though - if the bag is full I'm not allowed to buy any more fabrics!

Lelia said...

Oh, very special goodies from Barbara! Lucky You : )